Importing metals from the UK
At Jansen Recycling Group, the 3rd generation is currently at the helm and the 4th generation is coming up right behind them. This just goes to show that ours is a long-term approach, especially when it comes to our business relationships. On top of that, we can safely say that we are one of the largest metal recyclers in the Benelux countries. Alongside our local services, we also have a large network worldwide. Since 2000, we have also been active in the United Kingdom, from where we import various kinds of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. However, Brexit has changed the legislative and regulatory landscape enormously. In this article, we will explain how Jansen Recycling Group helps its customers deal with that.
We take care of everything from A to Z for our customers
Ever since the UK exited the EU, the paperwork has been increasing. Just think of all the documents that have to be drawn up to get customs clearance. This is precisely where Jansen Recycling Group makes life easier for its customers. Here’s how we ease the workload for our suppliers:
- After the deal between the business partner and Jansen Recycling Group has been sealed and our representative has purchased the scrap, we email a purchase contract to confirm everything that has been agreed on. Once this has been done, our logistics department takes over.
- They arrange transport, coordinate this with the supplier, pick up the scrap, and have it shipped to one of our yards.
- Before the shipment is loaded, we prepare the paperwork and send it to our customer.
- The only thing the customer has to do is make sure the metals are loaded, sign the papers, and give them to the driver.
- As soon as all of that has been arranged, the lorry will set off for our yard.
- The good thing is that Jansen Recycling Group has an import duty permit, meaning that lorries from the UK do not have to stop at customs, making importing metals from the UK a lot faster.
- When the metals are dropped off at our yard, they are first weighed and inspected. If everything is in order and as agreed, your shipment is released and you will have the money in your bank account within three days.
Want to find out more about what we can do for you?
If you are curious to find out what we can do for you, please get in touch with our representative, who can tell you everything there is to know about our services.